Dorie Geistdorfer, aka “Mama G”, is the District President. She was saved at 31 while attending VBS and she has served the Lord ever since!
She works full time in the world of re-insurance and is blessed to be able to juggle both work and ministry. She has a heart for teens and has served on the Philadelphia District as a Youth and Young Adult leader since 2008. She has been part of the district in many different roles: camp counselor, church administration, registration for all district events, event coordination for District Assembly, head of spirit of FOL and teaching young adult girls bible studies. You will find her running around teen events acting like a teen herself! She is well known for her desire to mentor, love on and grow with the teens of our district. Dorie is married to Pastor Jarrod Geistdorfer and has two young adult children, Alex 24 and Avery 21. She is dedicated to helping the Philly NYI District grow. She is excited and happy to be part of a rich tradition of LOVE and FUN on our district!
- What do you do for the Philadelphia District NYI? I serve as the District President working with our great Philly Leaders.
- What is your favorite food? I would say Sushi or Mexican. We have tacos at least once a week at our house.
- What is your favorite TV show? Probably, Fixer Upper – but I really prefer to play games instead of watch TV.
- What was your first job? Cashier at Rite Aid Pharmacy.
- For fun I enjoy:Being outside, Running!, camping, fishing, reading a book, spending time with my family, and playing games.
- What was your childhood ambition? A super spy!
- Favorite Bible verse or passage? Psalm 1
- What is one of your favorite characteristics of Christ? Forgiveness. Without forgiveness, it is difficult to truly love as Jesus loved.